Gas prices have been growing increasingly higher for the past several years. Everybody wants to save money on gas especially now that the price has been rapidly increasing. One way to save gas is to increase gas mileage.
Here are some tips on improving gas mileage. These tips will not only save on gas but will enable the car to last for a longer time:
1. It is very important to keep the car well maintained. The efficiency of the car will be greater and the performance of the car enhanced if proper maintenance is performed. This in turn helps in improving the gas mileage of the vehicle.
2. The tires of the car should always be inflated properly. Tires that are not inflated properly will make the car’s wheels have difficulty rolling and it will then require more energy and would consume more gas. Car owners can save gas by having the tires properly inflated.
3. Cars are heavily load consume more gas. It is recommended that unnecessary weight be removed from the car. The lighter the car’s load, the less gas is consumed. Carriers can add weight to the car and should be removed when not in use.
4. Drive smoothly. If the driver uses the brakes a lot and then suddenly speeds up, or if the car is accelerated abruptly will result in greater fuel consumption. Therefore, it is recommended that you drive smoothly to improve gas mileage.
5. Always keep the car clean and washed. It is also recommended that the car be waxed regularly. This helps by improving aerodynamics and can help in improving gas mileage.
6. Another way to improve gas mileage is by saving on ventilation. A car’s air conditioner uses more gas when being used. The air conditioner may be turned off and the windows opened when driving slowly – weather permitting. However, it is not recommended to open the windows when driving fast since it adds extra pressure and drag on the vehicle.
There are many ways gas mileage may be improved. Car owners should be responsible if they want to save on gas and money. It does not require big sacrifices to improve your vehicle’s gas mileage. All it takes is a little responsibility and proper care of the car. These simple ways can each help improve gas mileage a bit but when done regularly and in combination will help save a great deal of money.